[Wikipedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Bill pictures

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Fri Aug 1 12:45:19 UTC 2003

At 12:22 PM 8/1/03 +0900, Aioneko wrote:
>My automatic number separator don't seem to interest people :o(
>I have a question and this time I really hope an answer !
>
>Do we have to put a "specimen" note on the pictures of bill (banknote) we
>want to put on Wikipedia ?

I am not a lawyer, but as I understand it, images of US banknotes are allowed
in the US as long as they're not actual size (there are some specific
numbers for
how far from actual size it has to be). I have no idea what French law says
about euro notes, or for that matter what the US law says about foreign notes.
Given the low (by currency standards) quality of online images, we're probably
safe.

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org