[Wikipedia-l] html?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Sep 25 22:45:27 UTC 2002

Adam Williamson wrote:

>On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 18:28, Ray Saintonge wrote:
>
>>Frankly I though AdamW was a little too aggressive in his approach on
>>the issue.  Your explanation about not knowing that it was happening is
>>very normal, and the simple explanation of the problem and how to fix it
>>is all it takes to correct it.
>>
>If I was, then sorry, there was no intention to be - as you say, many
>people use HTML mail not because they *chose* to but because that was
>the mailer default and they didn't even know about the plain text / HTML
>distinction, which is why I point it out to people, along with some
>reasons why they may want to change to plain text. That's all I was
>trying to do.

Nothing personal about it.  Sometimes it's just a matter of tone, and
that too is a matter of perceptions.  When newbies are involved in this
kind of issue I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Those of
us who may have been around a little longer can be expected to have a
thicker skin.  Your later postings in this seemed calmer.
Peace.