[Wikipedia-l] ads on user pages

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Wed Sep 25 21:26:10 UTC 2002

I don't think ads should be up there: suppose I want to put up an ad for something someone else finds patently offensive, or link my user page to amazon.com or kiddie porn?  I think--and this is just my /opinion/--that user pages are a friendly service intended to make the editing a little more personable, and we really shouldn't abuse wikipedia for profit.  And yes, I do consider it abuse.

I would /very much/ like to hear what others, especially Jimbo, think about this.

kq