[Wikipedia-l] RE: F***

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon Sep 23 21:46:16 UTC 2002

Ed Poor wrote:

>I know I'll get in trouble for this, but in the spirit of "be bold" I
>deleted the [[Fuck]] article. It just seemed pointless to have an
>article called f***.

You're supposed to be bold about *updating* articles, not *deleting* them!!!

>If someone wants to write an article on obscenity or censorship, and
>treat the problems the term f*** has had, fine. But I don't want to see
>every dirty word (or word that's gotten the dirty end of the stick) have
>its own article.

That may well be true.
So did you copy the information on [[Fuck]] to [[Obscenity]]
and then make [[Fuck]] a redirect to [[Obscenity]]?
Or did you just delete the information?

(Here I am assuming that [[Fuck]] did actually have information on it,
and wasn't one of the "microstubs" that another thread is going on about.)

-- Toby