[Wikipedia-l] A Three Way Split

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Sep 18 15:18:30 UTC 2002

lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:
> Far better we should work to make all articles on the
> main site more lucid.

I tend to agree.  But I did like the original proposal -- to a limited
extent, at least.  I don't think we need to hyperlink all the
introductions to an explanation that might well seem offensive to some
poor readers, no matter how delicately we put it.

But it does make sense to me that we should make an extra effort to
ensure that the introductory paragraphs in each article are easily
accessible to people of a variety of background contexts.