[Wikipedia-l] order of lists of works & prizes

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Mon Sep 16 02:57:11 UTC 2002

Mike wrote:
>> If a Wikipedian exists who is willing to create a
>> specific type of index, then I see no benefit to the
>> reader from other Wikipedians displacing this
>> contribution
>> rather than adding another method to it.

Stephen responded:
>Maintaining multiple manual indexes of the same
>material is next to impossible. I've tried. An
>of his priorities) would allieviate the need for such
>lists.

That's right.  It's cumbersome and one of them is usually out of date.

Regardless of whether Lee updates the search function, if I'm on e.g. [[Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress]] I can just CTRL+F and type in "Lilia Skala" to find it on the page.  I don't see how a second page listing the entries according to a different scheme is really such a big help.

kq