[Wikipedia-l] Helga banned

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Wed Sep 11 01:09:50 UTC 2002

Jaap wrote:
>PS. Would it be possible that people use their real name
>on this mailing list and in personal email? Please use
>something like I do in my 'from address'. I don't think
>it's civil to presend oneself as a movie with Philip Glass
>music in it, however good the music is. I have the CD...

Yes, it would be possible.  It, however, will not be practiced, at least by the person you are directing this part of your message to.  I have very particular reasons to mind my privacy, none of which I'll discuss, thank you, because I won't be convinced otherwise.

I certainly don't expect anyone who's done their homework to believe that koyaanis qatsi is my real name, however it is as convenient a handle as my real name, which is possibly less believable.

If the pseudonym is distasteful to you, perhaps you can suggest one you like better.  Louis Friend is one you may recognize, or if not, perhaps "Mark Twain."  I'm the same person I've been for the last 27 years, at any rate, 1 1/2 of them on wikipedia, and I believe a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

kq, or lf, or mt