[Wikipedia-l] Re: Ban warning to GrahamN

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Sep 6 20:08:39 UTC 2002

I've been thinking about this all day, and now I fear that I may have caused more trouble than I bargained for. The cure is worse than the disease.

My "threat to ban" seems to have resulted in near-unanimous disapproval from Axel, Jimbo and every other contributor I admire and respect.

All that remains is a ghostly, eerie silence on the Arab-Israeli article pages.

Not only was I wrong, but I got the wrong result. (I'm not sure which is worse.)

Free speech (as LDC might say) and no vandalism -- that's all we hope for, but by monkeying around with the "Ed Poor, sysop" thing I've thrown a monkey-wrench in the works.

It may be some weeks before I live this down. :-(

More contritely than ever,

Ed Poor