[Wikipedia-l] War Crimes

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Sep 5 19:03:50 UTC 2002

mirwin wrote (in part):

>The U.S. has never accepted other countries allegations
>that our soldiers are terrorists or war criminals.

What about the My Lai Massacre? Wasn't Calley convicted of a war crime, under US law? As a former US soldier, I must say that American servicemen are considered to be responsible for their actions, even (or especially) when under the stress of combat or captivity.

One of the things I admire most about my country, America, is the exaltation of law and principle. All people are required to respect the rights of others, and no one is above the law. Our freedom of press makes evasion of justice exceedingly difficult to hide.

Excuse me if I sound patriotic this month, but the anniversary of 9-11 is coming up...

Ed Poor