[Wikipedia-l] Uneditable reviews

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Wed Sep 4 18:44:03 UTC 2002

>> Forgive me for spoiling the hopeful mood, but I'm not so sure
>> the uneditable review idea would work.

> Neither do I. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it won't work for
> the reasons that Magnus already gave. As the academic that I
> believe myself to be, my motivation to write such a review would
> be zero.

You may be right; I have no plans to act on the idea yet, I
just threw it out for comment.  Magnus's alternative is more
in line with what Larry was suggesting, and that may be what
we have to do.  But I see the problem there is this: if the
expert is charged with writing the article itself, what incentive
does he have to pay any attention whatsoever to the Wikipedia
content?  Wouldn't he just write a whole new article that he
can claim authorship of, totally ignoring the /development/
process that went into the wiki content?