[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep drivingaway good contributors

Mark Christensen mchristensen at humantech.com
Thu Oct 24 22:18:43 UTC 2002

I think a police force is can be considered SoftSecurity, so if you
don't consider it so,  could you please explain what you mean by term?

People enforcing social norms by quickly reverting the work of vandals
and antisocial jerks is SoftSecurity, if those people are organized and
empowered with social authority that makes no difference, except now it
may seem reasonable to some folks to call that group a "police force" --
which BTW is not Ed's term, but yours.