[Wikipedia-l] Propects for future growth

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Oct 1 17:49:13 UTC 2002

My church tried to create a "Unification Encyclopedia" several years ago. It was edited by Andrew Wilson, and was sponsored by one of the many non-profit organizations members of my church have set up (possibly the International Cultural Foundation).

I wonder if it's even worth discussing the possibility of Wikipedia seeking sponsorship from the Unification movement. Of course, editorial independence would have to be guaranteed (no church slant allowed to creep in). I'm talking about a "no strings attached" kind of grant, maybe.

I know people with money -- the question is whether this Wikipedia community could stomach an associaton with "those Moonies".

Ed Poor     <-- member of Unification Church since 1977