[Wikipedia-l] Max Weismann...does he deserve an article?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at ualberta.ca
Tue May 28 19:18:10 UTC 2002

At 06:59 AM 5/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
 >What criteria will be applied?
>How do you (and who will) create the criteria?
>How do you apply them without bias?
>Is the winner of the Uzbekistani Fish-slapping championship "trivial"?
>Says who?

Well, on the one hand, evidently every single person who died in the
September 11, 2002 terrorist attack on New York and Washington deserves a
whole article to themselves.

But on the other hand, nobody seemed terribly upset when I deleted the
pages describing various students of "Gate House" and friends during the
vandalism kerfuffle involving them a month or two back.

Personally,  I believe that a person should have some sort of historical
significance, no matter how slight, to warrant a Wikipedia article. But
then, I suffer from an overdeveloped sense of structure and philosophical
elegance, so perhaps that's just me. :)

--
"Let there be light." - Last words of Bomb #20, "Dark Star"