[Wikipedia-l] Home page time

Manning Bartlett manning at bartlett.net
Thu Nov 29 10:21:39 UTC 2001

I hate to resurrect an old topic, but frankly it does irritate me that the server time and home page date is set to US Pacific. I really think that UTC/GMT would be a far more neutral choice, as it is the accepted worldwide "base time zone", and could never be controversial.

I always reset my preferences to accommodate Sydney time (presently 19 hours ahead of USPST) anyway, but having an American time zone implies an American bias, which an international resource like the Wikipedia shouldn't have. Even CNN uses GMT for all of it's non-US broadcasts.

Just my thoughts
Manning

Manning Bartlett
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant