[Wikipedia-l] No subpages. Is that your final answer?

Anatoly Vorobey mellon at pobox.com
Wed Nov 7 23:04:00 UTC 2001

You, Jimmy Wales, were spotted writing this on Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 06:39:26PM -0600:
> First of all, let me apologize to everyone for even having this
> conversation.  I really wasn't aware of all that had gone before,
> including the fact that Larry had already made a decision based on
> existing consensus.

I believe this is an incorrect characterization of the issue. Larry made
the decision, but it was not based on any existing consensus.

(this isn't meant to criticize Larry's decision, although I happen to think it's
misguided; it's meant to be a statement of facts as they are).

I'll note in passing an uncanny resemblance of all arguments Jimmy has advanced
in favor of subpages to all arguments I made on the Wikipedia discussion pages
regarding the same; considering that Jimmy apparently didn't read these pages,
the coincidence is remarkable.

I stopped discussing this particular issue on Wikipedia after seeing that all
discussions led nowhere.

--
Anatoly Vorobey,
my journal (in Russian): http://www.livejournal.com/users/avva/