[Wikipedia-l] No subpages. Is that your final answer?

Michel Clasquin clasqm at mweb.co.za
Wed Nov 7 18:02:56 UTC 2001

> Compare:
>
> [[Military of Afghanistan]]
> and
> [[Sudan/Military]]
>
> In the former, the author had to link back to the main page by hand,
> in the latter, it happened automatically.

But I could have arrived at [[Military of Afghanistan]] either from
[[Military]] or [[Afghanistan]]. Odds are I want to return to the page I
came from, not the other one. For which purpose we have a little thing
called a Back button in most browsers <g>, so the linkback's function is
still there, really for the majority of cases. Given all the other
problems subpages seem to cause, I agree that we can nix them.

PS. the meat world has caught up with me and I have had to cut down on my
wiki activities for a while. But as [[Arnold|Terminator]] put it "I'll be
back"

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
clasqm at mweb.co.za/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n nx dmnstrtn