[Wikipedia-l] Where to move commentary

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Nov 7 11:58:06 UTC 2001

Larry Sanger wrote:
> http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?Larry_Sanger/Moving_commentary_out_of_Wikipedia
> I proposed to move the contents of [[Wikipedia commentary]], personal
> essays, and perhaps some other pages to a different wiki altogether.

It seems easier to keep all within one wiki, but perhaps restrict
these categories of articles to be subpages of two wiki pages:
Wikipedia (for policies) and Wikipedian (for user presentations).

[[LA2]] would become [[Wikipedian/LA2]].  Not too bad if you ask me.

[[Spelling rules for Wikipedia]] would become [[Wikipedia/Spelling rules]].

The RecentChanges list and "view other versions" display would have to
link my contributions to [[Wikipedian/LA2]] instead of [[LA2]].  This
is a trivial fix in the wiki.pl script.  Probably much easier that
making it work with links to a separate wiki.

Initially, the old page titles would have to be #REDIRECTs to the new
entries, but that is a transition headache that we will face anyway.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Aronsson Datateknik