[Wikipedia-l] No subpages. Is that your final answer?

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 09:26:19 UTC 2001

Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com> writes:

> At least in my mind, there is no final decision.  But I'm inclined to agree
> with the no subpages point of view.

In which case I'd like to express my vehement opposition to this view.
I believe that Television/Band, Nirvana/Band and Catatonia/Band are ideal
places for those articles.  Similarly its far easier remember how to link to
[[Baseball/History]] (especially from [[Baseball/World Series]], say) than to
remember if its [[History of Baseball]] or [[The History of Baseball]] or
[[Baseball History]]...

Similarly /Talk pages are great, and handy, if they're used for discussing the
accompanying article rather than tedious meta-discussion best kept here,
which, a few vociferous eejits aside, they are.

The failing of subpages is that there is no clear policy for naming them.

--
Gareth Owen
"Wikipedia does rock.  By the count on the "brilliant prose" page, there