[Wikipedia-l] No subpages. Is that your final answer?

Tim Chambers tbchambers at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 05:13:24 UTC 2001

Claudine Chionh <wikipedia at nullpage.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 November 2001, lsanger at nupedia.com wrote in response to tbc:
>
> > > The idea of a back-link feature has been tossed around. That
> > > was a feature of Ward's original WikiWiki. It's helpful.
> >
> > Can you tell us more about that?  I am imagining that this means you'd
> > link, say, at the bottom of a page, all the pages that link to the given
> > page?  That could be cool.
>
> I'm not Tim, but I've come across the backlinks concept on a
> number of other wikis...

I was thinking of Ward's WikiWiki. http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiUrl explains
what I was referring to. There's a line on that page that says
http:wiki?search=PageTitle (search for links to a page).

Like Claudine said, it's a little easier when the page names are all bumpy
case -- they stand out in content. IMHO, a search for links in the 'pedia
would need to take into account both forms of free links: with and without
underscores. It should ignore case, too.