[Wikinews-l] News about Wikinews

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Tue Jul 4 14:10:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

About some 8 months ago I started with an attempt to bring news with a
newsletter "Wikizine". I try to bring different types of news like
"Foundation", "Community", "Media" , "Technical news" and so.

So I bring the news for the Wikimedia family like Wikinews is bringing
news to the world.

I am writing this fist of all to ask for your cooperation with this
newsletter. To be able to report news first the news must be known.
"The Water cooler" is one of the pages I look for to find news about
Wikinews. But it can be that I do not notice something. Or, more
likely, it is not there to find. And especially if it is going on
other Wikinews language editions I will not find out about it.

So I request that if there is news about your project, especially for
the non-English editions, that you would report the news to me, to
Wikizine. Let the  readers of Wikizine know there is more then
Wikipedia.

A way to make it more likely that someone will think about Wikizine is
to put a banner on your userpage or even better on a public page like
the "Water Cooler", also for the non-English Wikinews versions.;
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikizine/banners

On the other side I try to get the news downhill to as most of the
projects and especially languages as possible.  Because of piratical
reasons Wikizine can only be in English. But it would be fantastic if
people would be willing to translate the news and share it with there
community.

A total translation of Wikizine is great but also a lot of work. Maybe
only translating the most relevant news can be enough for starting.
You could work together across the different projects in the same
languages. By cross-project cooperation the work of translation can be
shared.

Just only subscribing to Wikizine only is also useful of course. Then
you at least are informed.

Reading Wikizine can by email. Just click here below and follow the
instructions;
mailto:request at wikizine.org?subject=subscribe

Or you can also read Wikizine from the website;
http://www.wikizine.org

Thank you for reading this and I hope to receive some news from Wikinews!

Greetings,
Walter

The guy from Wikizine
http://www.wikizine.org