[Wikinews-l] [Ticket#2006081710006179] Getting permission to use news of wikinews.org

Amgine amgine at saewyc.net
Mon Aug 21 14:56:11 UTC 2006

Hello Maria Shinkevich!

Your message was forwarded to the Wikinews mailing list, and we've
been discussing it, but you might not have been CC'd on all the
replies, so allow me to make a single over-view response.

SonicR noted there is no limitation to broadcasting our news, which
is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution license version
2.5 (a description of Creative Commons licenses may be found on the
English Wikipedia at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Creative_Commons_License>, the actual licensure synopsis and legal
text may be found at <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/>

He also noted there are several RSS-feeds for different languages of
Wikinews:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/WikinewsLatestNews (English)
http://tools.wikimedia.de/~dapete/wikinews-rss/rss-de.php (German)
http://www.feedfire.com/site/rss.cgi?ChanContentId=009340 (Spanish)
http://tools.wikimedia.pl/~derbeth/wikinews.xml (Polish)

Michael Danko also talked about how the CC-by license allows re-use
of our content, and pointed out the following statement on the
English Wikinews home page: "All content is released under a free
license. By making our content perpetually available for free
redistribution and use, we hope to contribute to a global digital
commons."

I can serve as a volunteer contact person for your organization. I
will forward more contact information shortly, but feel free to e-
mail me immediately. I can put you in touch with technical people as
necessary.

Amgine
aka Wayne Saewyc