[Wikinews-l] The Wikinews Licensure Poll is closed

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:10:52 UTC 2005

After two weeks of voting, the Wikinews community has chosen which
license they'd like for their project. I won't post the full results
here, but you can view them on Meta -
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Licensure_Poll

Now... The winner is CC-By 2.5, with the attribution to the Wiki. The
license is one-way-compatible with the GFDL. It gained 27 votes of
support from Wikinewsies with only four votes against.

It needs to be mentioned, that the GFDL gained 11 opposing votes from
Wikinewsies, with only one vote of support. But the combination of
GFDL and CC-By 2.5 gained 8 votes of support, with only one opposing
vote.

The Wikinews License 0.2, based on the BSD license, gained 14 votes of
support, but 8 people were against it.

Not many people were interested in the other licenses, so... I think
that's it. The Wikinews community choosed CC-By 2.5 for the Wikinews
project. Now it's up to the Board to decide on the project license.
So... What does everyone say?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki