[Wikimania-l] Culling Speakers, Crafting Sessions

phoebe ayers brassratgirl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:08:22 UTC 2006

Hi j (and all),

try http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Program_discussion.
I'd like to get that page in use... Also please feel free to email me
about their possible topics and interests; I may know some other
people that they could connect with.

Also, for everyone: submitting an idea for a panel without knowing
every speaker that will be on it is fine, as others may have ideas for
specific people. The main thing is being willing to keep up with
contacting people later :)

thanks for doing this!
cheers,
phoebe

On 4/14/06, j Baumgart <jkbaumg at attglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been publicizing the Call for Participation widely during the last
> few days to try to get some of my professional colleagues interested in
> stepping forward as potential speakers and contributors.
>
> I've heard from two potential speakers who are happy to be part of a
> panel, but I am at a loss for how to connect them to other potential
> speakers with similar topics. Nor do I have any brilliant ideas about
> how to proceed. For my own sanity, I'm trying hard not to shepherd too
> many sessions, panels, workshops, Birds of a Feather, etc.
>
> Is there a place on the wiki where these potential speakers can say
> what they'd like to talk about and try to connect with other speakers
> and moderators to form panels? I've looked at the Program Ideas page
> (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Program_ideas), but I'm
> not sure if that's the right forum for them to say what they'd like to
> do and try to connect with others.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> j Baumgart