[Wikimania-l] Re: [Wikimania-planning-l] Setting dates for next general & program meetings

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Nov 25 21:06:06 UTC 2005

SJ wrote:
> A few weeks ago, the people who came to the first IRC discussion
> agreed broadly to alternate meeting times between 2200 and 1600 UTC to
> help people from different time zones make it at least every other
> meeting.  We didn't discuss ideal days of the week too much... at the
> moment, meetings are scheduled for Saturdays, with the next one for
> 2200 UTC on Saturday, Dec 3.  If this isn't a good day/time for you,
> please suggest alternatives.

For me anytime after Dec. 3 will be fine.

I'm concerned that there is a perception that things are moving fast in
an unauthorized manner, and I'm concerned that there will be hurt
feelings if people think they are making decisions when they are really
not at all authorized to do so.

So I think it's important that I be involved here very soon.

--Jimbo