[Wikimania-l] Speaker from Library of Congress

Brian brian0918 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:08:01 UTC 2005

Google recently donated $3M to the Library of Congress for their World
Digital Library project, which seeks to coordinate with world libraries
to digitize their works. The project is looking for more private
funding, and I've emailed them requesting more information on the
possibility of providing a speaker for Wikimania 2006. If they are
interested, I will put them in contact with one of the Wikimania
coordinators.

More information:
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,69646,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_7
http://international.loc.gov/intldl/intldlhome.html