From: Aphaia <aphaia @ gmail.com>
Sent: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 00:00:47 +0900
Subject: Re: [WikiJA-l] Legal issues update on ja

>■ General Background

>Situation on ja.wp has not changed from Tomos report on May

May-> March

>(User:Tomos/Legal_discussions_on_Japanese_Wikipedia) basically. On
>processing deletion and blocking/banning the basis of juristic
>analysis are same, but recently the growth of users has reflected to
>the current situation. Here I point out some changes.

"the growth of user population resulted in some policy changes as follows:"

>Introduction of ''Terms of Use" which will be applied only to Japanese
>mainly. But the discussion is ceised after then it is still a draft.

"the discusion did not result in any implementation." or
"the discussion subsided, and the proposal still remains at a draft status."

>■ Deletion and ISP Law

>On ja every contributor is expected to read the notices below the edit
>window including they are consider to give the project full agreement

consider-> considered

>for the possible deletion of their contribution whenever they submit.

whenever -> when

>On the other hand in Japan, Law Concerning Limitation of Damages to
>Specific Telecommunications Service Provider and Disclosure of Sender
>Information, so-called ISP Law states that each deletion by the
>provider against the will of the user who submitted the content is
>relieved of their resposnsibilities of any compensation for the user
>concerned with notice 7 days before the deletion, if the deletion is
>requested by a third party because of legal violation (e.g.
>copyright).

"states that certain prior notice relieves liabilities of the provider.
When a deletion request is made by a third party, the provider can
make a notice to the contributor and if no objection is raised within
7 days, the provider can delete the posting free of liability to
the contributor, even in the case the deletion eventually turns out
to be based on a misunderstanding or incorrect information."

>It has been argued if such notice to a certain user is
>necessary or not, specially the users themselves disagree with the
>deletion of their submission.

, 以下はなくてよいかと思います。投稿者から抗議があった場合には
投稿者に対する免責は受けられないと思うので。

Tomos