[WikiFR-l] Re: Mirror of French WP in Paris

Constans, Camille (C.C.) cconsta4 at ford.com
Mer 12 Nov 06:52:25 UTC 2003

>> On the other hand, I am willing to provide one, at my own expense, if
>> it is the consensus of Europeans that it would be a good thing.
>
>The Ouvaton cooperative said that they will provide one.
>
>> > A non profit organisation in France or in Europe could also help to
>> > receive tax deductible donations and to ease money transfers.
>
>> Yes.  I would imagine that it's not that difficult to setup an
>> affiliate organization there.
>
>> In the U.S., we have Alex who has volunteered to act for free as our
>> lawyer, and he is helping me finalize all the bylaws for the US
>> organization.  Can you help me look for a French or European lawyer
>> who can do the same over there?
>
>Yes, I can, but it is usually not necessary to set up a French
>non profit.
>
>> --Jimbo

I would like to add something, in France we can get some money from cultural part of our government. But for that, wikipedia must exist in France.

And when we'll go to some newspaper to be known, less people will be interested if only an americain foundation exists. Today when i heard talking about wikipedia in news, it's for www.wikipedia.org and not for fr.wikipedia.org.

I dont said that because I dont like USA, I work in a USA company :)

Regards
---
Shaihulud