[WikiEN-l] Seth Finkelstein in the Technology Guardian

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 17:36:43 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
> > However, in the case of living person bios, "2" may not hold. Malicious
> persons
> > can write all kinds of false and libellous things that will quite possibly
> go
> > completely unnoticed until they've been widely mirrored across the Web.
>

> Hence the new nutshell for WP:BIO. (Which I wrote *preens* Any other
> bad nutshells in need of clarity?)

You mean WP:LIVING, I presume. Cool. One for WP:BIO wouldn't hurt, though.

Precisely because Wikipedia articles about living people can affect the
subject's life, how about we have some sort of "presumption in favour of
non-notability" for living bios? That is, if an AfD offered no consensus, then
it would be deleted, rather than kept as at present.

-- Matt

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto
Blog: http://cipher-text.blogspot.com