[WikiEN-l] Process wonkery

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 19:05:58 UTC 2006

On 9/23/06, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for reference, we're looking at a worst case roughly 124,000
> school stubs ( http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d04/tables/dt04_085.asp
> ) for the US.

Yes, and the US accounts for ~5% of the world population.  Assuming that
there are 2x as many schools per capita as in the US, that means over a
million stubs.

I understand those that disagree, but I think the categorical include
> pseudopolicy for schools makes sense.  They're of immense interest to
> most parents, the school system has 72 million odd Americans in it,
> and categorical inclusionism here is not in any way throwing Wikipedia
> into disrepute or threatening our server load or diskspace.

If you think about it, families are of interest to most parents.  There are
a couple hundred million Americans in families, a few billion people
globally.  Thus, all families are notable.
We need articles on every family in the world.