[WikiEN-l] Process wonkery

Sherool jamydlan at online.no
Sun Sep 24 11:03:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:36:33 +0200, George Herbert
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> Just for reference, we're looking at a worst case roughly 124,000
> school stubs ( http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d04/tables/dt04_085.asp
> ) for the US.
>
> I understand those that disagree, but I think the categorical include
> pseudopolicy for schools makes sense.  They're of immense interest to
> most parents, the school system has 72 million odd Americans in it,
> and categorical inclusionism here is not in any way throwing Wikipedia
> into disrepute or threatening our server load or diskspace.

Those are just the government approved ones I think, also remember that
there are a few schools outside the US too...

How do we define "school" anyway? Does every money grabbing diploma mill
and fly-by-night private teaching institution that ever existed fall into
this blanket inclution criterea as well as long as they refered to
themselves as "school" in some way, or just those that are government
aproved? There are quite a few dodgy business initiatives around the globe
that label themselves as "school" or "academy" and such. I don't see why
*some* form of notability cutoff for private schools would be such a bad
thing.

I've not been into this whole school debate so sorry if this has been
covered ad-nauseum before.

--
[[:en:User:Sherool]]