[WikiEN-l] Schools, notability, inclusionism, deletionism, etc.

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 24 08:44:08 UTC 2006

"Daniel R. Tobias" wrote

> So, should we be just as complete for schools, albums, songs, TV
> shows, and so on?  Would that just be duplicating IMDB, etc., or
> would it be helping to make Wikipedia a one-stop resource for more in-
> depth info (including links where appropriate to other sites like
> IMDB) on everything in each of these fields?

Do the flames of the old inclusionist/deletionist wars really need fanning?

I worked out my position long ago: pretty much deletionist on the science side, for anything suspect; pretty much inclusionist in the humanities; pretty much indifferent as to pop culture where it really doesn't much matter one way or the other whether we have articles on soap actors or not.

On schools, they can be hacked back to stubs if they are full of unverifiable stuff, or, more likely, promotional material.

Charles