[WikiEN-l] Policy Creation Procedure

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:58:19 UTC 2006

On 9/20/06, Carl Peterson <carlopeterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/20/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:09:54 -0700, Ray Saintonge
> > <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Since we also have five members of the Board, was this intended to be an
> > >allegory?
> >
> > No, it's *ape*, not alligator.
>

> Allegory: a story with a deeper level of meaning, where elements of the
> stories generally represent something else in real life. The question was if
> the apes were supposed to stand for the Board, not if "alligators" were
> intended instead of apes.
>
> Carl

The story goes back to at least mid-March 1998 - the earliest
reference I can find in Google Groups is:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/msg/8683e153416e9f8a?dmode=source

That message says "forwarded by my girlfriend" and has no attribution,
so it may be difficult to identify the source.  But it's over 8 years
old.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com