[WikiEN-l] Gaping void in Wikipedia

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 19 22:16:40 UTC 2006

Gregory Kohs wrote:
> http://mywikibiz-com.blogspot.com/2006/09/gaping-void-in-wikipedia.html

I suppose I should respond on the blog, but I'm a lazy bastard,
so I'll do it here instead.

| So, tell me, then... what is inherently so evil about the
| business model of MyWikiBiz.com?

Perhaps nothing, but I would counter with: "Is there anything
inherently wrong with the fact that Wikipedia's coverage of
individual corporate entities is not, as yet, as complete as
(for example) the coverage of those entities by media devoted
to the task?"  And I would say, "No, absolutely not."

(In other words, while there may well be a void, is it "gaping"?
I don't think so.)