[WikiEN-l] Expert AfD close (Re: Citizendium)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:32:33 UTC 2006

On 18/09/06, dmehkeri at swi.com <dmehkeri at swi.com> wrote:

> > Or instead, we could try to keep up with growth by implementing some more
> > advanced soft controls of our own.

> I know I've seen some people stating on their userpages something to the effect
> that if you can produce verification that you are an expert in a field, they
> will kill an AfD on an article in that field on your word that it is notable.
> I'm curious if anyone takes them up on this?

I've had no takers so far.

I've occasionally commented on Australian music AFDs saying "hello,
expert here, this stuff is not in Google but it is in printed books.
Mine are in Australia, I'm in London. But yes, this is notable and
shouldn't be deleted. I'll see if I can fix it up." So far they've
been kept.

- d.