[WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Richard Holton richholton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 03:05:53 UTC 2006

> On 9/18/06, Death Phoenix <originaldeathphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I voted for three people who I felt would be the best and
> most-qualified:
> > there is one who I think is the most qualified, and two who are about
> equal.
> > I wonder if I am doing my first choice user a disservice by voting for
> the
> > other two, and instead just vote for the one who I think is the clear
> > frontrunner.
>
> Based on the counts in the previous elections a huge number of people
> only supported one... In my discussions with people I found that many
> that supported only one in the election actually thought that multiple
> would have done an okay job, but either didn't understand or didn't
> feel comfortable with the approval voting process.

I'm one of those who are not familiar with this voting process. When I
looked at the candidates, there were a few I did not want to win, a couple
that I thought would be ok,  one that I favored, and a whole bunch that I
had no opinion on. So I voted for the one I favored and the couple I thought
would be ok.

Does that seem like a sensible approach?

(Really wanting to be educated...)

-Rich
[[W:en:User:Rholton]]