[WikiEN-l] Would you like one of your videos posted on Wikipedia?

. Unforgettableid unforgettableid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:16:11 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, David Alexander Russell <webmaster at davidarussell.co.uk> wrote:
> . Unforgettableid wrote:
> > you will get free promotion for your website and for
> > the hobby of urban exploration.
> I'm not sure if its a good idea to promise 'free promotion' in a
> permission request, since (s)he would get is an external link in the
> media info page, which only Wikipedia /editors/ will ever see.

All the videos they posted to Google Video have a watermark in the
corner pointing to www.forbidden-places.be ; that should provide free
promotion.

Personally, I would prefer it if the video's author shortened the
watermark; such a watermark need not last for more than five or ten
seconds. I believe all watermarks are annoying and detract from video.

--[[User:Unforgettableid]]