[WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

stvrtg stvrtg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 01:04:47 UTC 2006

I understand and appreciate this point.  In general, I try not to speak
> on such matters.  In this case, though, I think we have a unique
> opportunity.

I agree that in the past, given your position, you have been rather wise to
keep your opinions in check, as difficult as that must have been. This
approach has worked phenomenally well toward creating vast amounts of good
will within the community.

That said, it is my humble view that Eloquence is by far the most qualified
- in every respect - and even a cursory look at look at his five-year-long
Wikipedia rap sheet will make that plain.

I have not till now communicated this to him or anyone else, so its
gratifying to see Angela and others reply to this thread in his support,
even if it goes somewhat against the establishment. It is my sincere belief
the board needs someone who can speak for the open public interest, and that
Erik very much has his finger on the pulse in that regard. Always has.

Sincerely,
-sv.

PS: I dont  understand what "unique opportunity"  is supposed to mean in
this context.