[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

Stephen Streater sbstreater at mac.com
Sat Sep 16 07:08:02 UTC 2006

On 16 Sep 2006, at 01:32, Phil Sandifer wrote:

> [[Wikipedia:Policy trifecta]] makes it sound so easy...
>
> So I figured why not try it?

> Not that I'll be the one to fix it. I've got an encyclopedia to write.

Great!

The rules are much too long. Most of the encyclopaedia
is written without detailed knowledge of the rules, which
are only needed when a dispute arises.

I'd like to see all the rules on a single page, with the extra
rule that people should listen to each other and work
together to resolve disagreements.

I'll also add that I've got into trouble for following the Trifecta
because it does not encapsulate this:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/
Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws#ARTICLE_II:_STATEMENT_OF_PURPOSE