[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sat Sep 16 02:16:12 UTC 2006

Phil Sandifer write:
> On Sep 15, 2006, at 9:51 PM, Steve Summit wrote:
>> Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:
>>> ...lets not judge people *before they've actually done something
>>> wrong*, ok?
>>
>> Forgive me for stating the obvious, but we're actually -- or at
>> any rate some sectors of the project are -- very very good at
>> doing exactly that.  For example, there was that big noisy case
>> a week or two ago where a sysop was summarily desysopped and/or
>> banned for saying he was thinking of handing out some deleted
>> article text.
>
> Actually, the big thing there was that he suggested he'd provide some
> deleted article text that contained personal information to a bunch
> of banned trolls, without adequately researching the situation first.

Yeah, that's about the way I remembered it.  My point was that he
said "I'm thinking of doing <horrible thing>", or "I'm going to
do <horrible thing>", and instead of saying "No, you shouldn't do
that" or "No, you shouldn't do that, or else we'll de-admin you",
we just cut to the chase and de-adminned him.  (As I understood it.
No, I didn't research it thoroughly, because I don't have time
for that, just as you don't have time for bureaucracy! :-) )