[WikiEN-l] Marketers on Wikipedia

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 22:53:06 UTC 2006

David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 13/09/06, Christopher Larberg wrote:

>> Can we keep the trolling off the mailing list, please?

>I assumed it was humour.

Maybe satire, because I was somewhat serious.  Anyway, I was attempting to bring together what may seem disconnected items involving promotions or public opinion massaging via wiki's trusted articles.

To help pull maybe the more obsure references together, a recent incident board item that didn't get discussed on the mailing list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/IncidentArchive132#Recent_MySpace_edits

An incident board item from last year:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Australian_Wikipedians'_notice_board/Archive_12#SMH_Icon_article

~~Pro-Lick