[WikiEN-l] Contest and quality

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 12:48:19 UTC 2006

> I'm going to take down the wikicharts tool if I continue to see it
> used incorrectly to argument stupid arguments.

At this point I belive it is traditional to mention certian cultures
not getting irony.

> Secondly, we are not provided with any of another important metrics.
> For example, if a person googles for "penis anal fisting rectum
> succubus" they'll get [[Anal Sex]] and be counted as any other reader,
> but I'd be willing to bet good money that 9 out of 10 look at the page
> for all of 5 seconds before realizing that this is not the hardcore
> porno they were looking for and they hit the back button.

Perhaps but it is equaly likely to do with long established human
tendancy to look up rude words in dictionaries.

> The fact of the matter is quite simply that we don't know much, and we
> certainly can't say from the data we have that we have any clue about
> what people want.

Judgeing by various complaints people want answers.

> ... and I don't think thats a big deal. Nothing about creating a free
> content encyclopedia or freeing the knowledge of the world requires
> that we be the number one destination for the news of the day.

Perhaps but where else would you suggest that people should have got
information on Pope Benedict XVI on April 19, 2005

--
geni