[WikiEN-l] 100, 000 FAs as an achievable goal with a plan (was Contest and quality)

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 00:28:28 UTC 2006

> Let's assume we have a list of criteria pretty close to the above. How
> many editor-hours does it take to get an article up to that standard?
> (Assume you're a clueful editor who can both research and write well,
> and think you can at least give your own article a usable initial
> assessment on this checklist.)

As a low-water mark (and based entirely on my limited personal
experience), I would guess ~50 editor-hours could suffice for an
article where:

(a) The sources are comprehensive, well-known in advance, and
available before starting.
(b) The topic is a narrow one.
(c) The material is generally uncontroversial.
(d) Most importantly: there is only one editor working on the article.

When criterion (c) -- and consequently criterion (d) -- is violated, I
suspect that the editor time involved will increase dramatically.

--
Kirill Lokshin