[WikiEN-l] Contest and quality

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 15:58:31 UTC 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 9:44 AM, maru dubshinki wrote:

> Impossible. Featured articles are determined by FAC, which is as
> ridden or more so with politics as AFD, DRV, and other such eyesores:
> standards are constantly shifting and unevenly applied. Good Articles
> itself has turned into a mockery of FAC.
>
> Most Featured Articles are great articles, but most great articles
> are not FAs.

The usual solution in these cases would be to create a lightweight,
no bureaucracy version, akin to PROD. Article rating was a nice
technical solution that had a few major bugs like not actually
working, but what if we strayed away from version rating and had
general ratings on articles? i.e. instead of the database nightmare
just let articles all have 1-5 ratings, with some option like "if ten
people vote to clear ratings, the ratings are reset" so as to not
have articles sandbagged with ratings of ancient versions?

-Phil