[WikiEN-l] [Wmfcc-l] Living bio patrol on en:wp [[WP:BLPP]]

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 10 12:46:42 UTC 2006

Amgine wrote:
>>> For these and other reasons, en.wp should develop policy limiting
>>> living persons articles to primary career facts and academic
>>> achievements, current positions held or endeavors, and minimal
>>> personal facts. By presenting a minimal set of biographic facts the
>>> community can circumvent a large number of internal and external
>>> conflicts, whilst avoiding maintenance issues and keeping the
>>> articles relevant until such time as the subjects may be viewed in
>>> historical context.

I think that way of putting it seems a bit extreme.  In the example
under discussion [[Tom Delay]], it seems pretty clear that the article
is much stronger due to the inclusion of much more than some minimal set
of facts.

I say this despite the rather obvious "hatchet job" nature of the bio
there at this moment.  This is one of the worst political bios I have
seen in a long time in Wikipedia.

Tom Delay suffers from the problem of being unpopular with both the left
and the right.

--Jimbo