[WikiEN-l] [Wmfcc-l] Living bio patrol on en:wp [[WP:BLPP]]

Jason Potkanski electrawn at electrawn.com
Sun Sep 10 02:45:05 UTC 2006

BLP articles may possibly be too contrary to wikipedia eventualism to keep
inside wikipedia. Perhaps a sister project on the meta and wikimedia project
scale needs to be proposed? I have had the thought in the back of my head.
Split BLP articles off to a "LiveBiography," merge them back to wikipedia
when the persons die. This would allow the sister project higher levels of
WP:RS, WP:V, WP:NPOV and WP:RS for biographical articles. We could even
allow POV criticisms, tiny minority views...via {{further}} in main
biographies and related POV articles and criticisms. By acting as a sort of
whos who directory rather than an encyclopedia, such a project could
maintain both a high standard for biographies and a place for cranks and
tiny minority views to have their say as well. Great steps would be taken to
seperate biographies from the critics. Win/Win?

Ideas? Such a fork would run concurrent with Wikipedia until it is ready to
take over.

Jason "Electrawn" Potkanski