[WikiEN-l] Example of a user who should have been banned a long time ago

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Sat Sep 9 16:12:11 UTC 2006

Jossi Fresco wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2006, at 7:58 PM, Jimmy Wales wrote:
>
>> Why was this user not banned months ago?
> It is blocked for 1 month now, and copyvio images being deleted.

Just a recommondation: If I block a user for repeatedly uploading
copyvios, I usually issue an infinite block together with a message to
email an apology and an assurance that this won't happen again. If I get
a believable assurance, I think about lifting the block.

With just a month block and no communication you have no guarantee that
the user won't start uploading copyvios again after the block has run
out automatically.

greetings,
elian