[WikiEN-l] Template usage?

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 00:59:54 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen protection for high-profile templates like this mentioned
> before, but never implemented; after I mentioned these attacks on
> WP:AN, someone protected all three. Is anyone capable of coming up
> with a list of all individual templates transcluded on, say, more than
> a couple of hundred pages? Even if we don't *protect* these (I
> strongly suggest we do - they mostly shouldn't be edited without a
> good reason, much like the MediaWiki messages), having a few dozen
> admins watchlisting them would be helpful.

See [[WP:HRT]] (1). I put together some stats on high volume templates
when I first drafted that page (2), but they're wildly out of date by
now. Hopefully when the toolserver is working properly again for en,
we'll be able to update those statistics.

--
(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:High-risk_templates
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_templates_by_usage

--