[WikiEN-l] How does living bio patrol actually work?

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 17:50:48 UTC 2006

On 07/09/06, Jossi Fresco <jossifresco at mac.com> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 10:40 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>
> > You've twisted my arm enough, here you go:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?
> > title=Special:Recentchangeslinked&target=Category%3ALiving_people
>
> Excellent. Thanks.
>
> Now we need to ask Tawker or Essjay to modify their IRC bot (irc://
> irc.freenode.net/vandalism-en-wp), to watch over this recent changes
> subset, and create a new channel in irc.freenode for the bot.

On a related note... is it possible to give a vandalism-bot its own
watchlist? My understanding (which may be flawed) is that the bots
cannot follow all recent changes due to volume; it would be very handy
to be able to specify an article or articles where we could be sure
these bots caught every change.

(Not a substitute for human watchlisting and cultivation of the
article, of course, but a good way of alleviating headaches)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk