[WikiEN-l] How does living bio patrol actually work?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 14:07:34 UTC 2006

On 07/09/06, Jossi Fresco <jossifresco at mac.com> wrote:

> Excellent. Thanks.
> Now we need to ask Tawker or Essjay to modify their IRC bot (irc://
> irc.freenode.net/vandalism-en-wp), to watch over this recent changes
> subset, and create a new channel in irc.freenode for the bot.

Yep, this is what we need :-)

Note that when I say 'living bio patrol', I don't mean editors who
want to purge all blogs or whatever. I mean just quickly checking for
added rubbish or checking for someone putting a whack of material
(negative *or* positive) in a living bio with no reference of any
sort. Mistakes and bad edits will still happen - no-one is expected to
be perfect, particularly not volunteers doing an important but tedious
job - but it'll make them less likely.

- d.