[WikiEN-l] More Wikipedia Review Idiocy

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 00:10:53 UTC 2006

On 9/2/06, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:
> I don't know why I ever bother to look at the Wikipedia Review
> site... the antics of the malcontents and morons there always make my
> blood boil.  But the latest stupid accusation they're making against
> Wikipedia is that we're supposedly infecting people with viruses:
>
> http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=3362

We have had external links to evil content in the past.

We've had media files which were were nothing more than exe's renamed
to .jpg or .ogg.

We currently have about 80 external links to exe files (although I've
scanned all of them with clamav and they all pass, if someone can
suggest other free tools which can run on *nix.. that would be useful)

Even if you ignore all the other formats which can act as attack
vectors on typical windows boxes.

So, just because they are crazy doesn't mean there isn't a point....